Xbox One consoles are notorious for signing out when you can’t figure out how to fix it. Here’s a quick and easy guide on what steps to take in order to keep your console from shutting down during an intense game session.
The “xbox one keeps signing me out 2020” is a problem that many Xbox One owners have been having lately. Microsoft has released a fix to the issue, but it can be difficult to find.
Xbox has transformed video gaming over the last two decades. Unfortunately, there are certain drawbacks to playing games on the Microsoft-owned platform.
Xbox One, for example, may sign you out of your profile while you’re in the midst of a game.
While a sluggish or inconsistent internet connection might negatively impact your Xbox gaming experience, the majority of service interruptions are caused by Microsoft’s system faults.
It is recommended that you verify that your internet connection is robust and steady.
Why is it that your Xbox One keeps signing you out?
You continually being signed out of Xbox One for the following causes, in addition to Microsoft’s system faults.
- Due to cache memory, the Xbox may sign you out.
- This technical problem may occur if someone else is using your Xbox Live account.
- If you don’t restart your Xbox One system on a regular basis, the Xbox may sign you out.
How to avoid being signed out of Xbox One
The issue, fortunately, can be solved in the following methods.
Solution 1: Delete the cache.
Clearing cache memory aids in the resolution of temporary issues. If you continually being signed out of Xbox Live, you should clear the cache first before looking for alternative options (below).
Follow these instructions to remove the cache on your Xbox console.
- Press and hold the power button on your console until it goes off.
- Unplug your Xbox for at least 5 seconds from the power supply.
- Press the power button one more to drain any remaining power on your Xbox.
- Reconnect your Xbox to the power brick and wait for the power light to change from white to orange.
- Switch on the Xbox One.
Here’s a video tutorial on how to clean the Xbox One cache:
The issue should be resolved by clearing the Xbox cache. If you continue to get error warnings, restart it (check the steps below).
Restart your console as a second option.
You should restart your console if emptying the cache does not cure the issue. Follow these steps to restart your Xbox One:
- Hold the power button on the console for at least 15 seconds.
- The Xbox is about to go down. Press the power button after another 15 seconds.
You may also use this method to restart your Xbox One console:
- Long-press the Xbox symbol to bring up the “Power Center” on your Xbox.
- After that, choose the ‘Restart console’ option.
- Click ‘Restart’ under this option.
You should play video games again after 10 seconds.
Remove and then re-add your account if the Xbox continues logging out after restarting the device (check the steps below).
Change your password and enable two-factor authentication as a third option.
If you’re signed out of Xbox One at random and have tried the three alternatives listed above with no luck, it’s time to reset your password and enable two-factor authentication.
It’s also time to update your password if you’ve downloaded your profile to a separate console and are experiencing similar “sign out” issues.
Follow these steps to enable two-factor authentication and change your password.
- Select ‘Security’ after logging in to your account.
- Select “Change my password” from the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘Save’ after creating a new, secure password.
- To prevent unwanted access to your live account, select “Set up two-step verification” after updating your password.
To update your Xbox One password, watch this video:
As a player, you should always use two-step verification to keep your live account safe and secure from illegal access.
Additionally, deleting the cache is a better technique to guarantee that your gaming sessions do not get disrupted.
Articles Related to This
Watch This Video-
The “xbox keeps signing me out when i start a game” is a problem that some Xbox One users experience. There is a fix for this issue, and it’s been provided on Microsoft’s website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I keep getting signed out of my Xbox one?
A: This is due to the fact that you are not logged into Xbox Live. If you would like, please sign in at https://accounts.xboxlive.com/.
How do you fix your Xbox from signing you out?
A: Unfortunately, there is no fix for this issue. The only solution to signing out of the console or PC is by unplugging it until you can sign back in again.
- xbox signs me out when i go offline
- why does xbox one keep signing me out
- why does my xbox one s keep signing me out
- xbox keeps signing me out and telling me to sign in with a controller
- why does my xbox keep signing me out of youtube