The update error C1900101 usually appears on computers that have multiple hard drives. It can also occur if you try to install a new drive into the computer, or if there is something wrong with your motherboard bios. If you encounter these errors, follow these steps:
Microsoft has released an update for the OS that fixes a problem with Windows Update. The issue in question is having to do with updates not being installed properly, which causes issues on computers running Windows 10 OS. The solution involves reverting back to your previous settings and re-installing the OS without updating it first.
The “c1900101-30018” is a problem that has been present for a while. The error message that the user gets is “Update failed: unknown error code.” This article will go into detail on how to fix this issue.
Windows 10 is a relatively new operating system that is available to people all around the globe. If a person has a licensed version of Windows 7 or 8 on their computer, one of the new OS’s benefits is a free upgrade. Many individuals, understandably, took advantage of the opportunity to update their systems. Unfortunately, throughout this operation, some of them encountered a major issue: the screen shows a blue screen with the message Windowsupdate c1900101 40017.
What should you do if you get the error c1900101 40017 while installing Windows 10?
Solution for Error C1900101 40017
Typically, problem c1900101 40017 manifests as follows:
- Windows begins the process of updating to the tenth version.
- The computer reboots.
- A blue screen appears, and you must restart your computer.
- The installation is halted, and the error number «Windowsupdate dt000 Windows 10′′ appears.
The majority of the time, this issue is caused by wrong BIOS settings.
It is suggested that two steps be used to rectify a problematic condition. The first is to install the OS as a clean boot rather than as an update.
To do so, you’ll need:
- Go to SoftwareDistributionDownload and fill out the form.
- Delete all of the files in the folder.
- Delete the line «$ Windows. BT». It’s in the primary disk’s root directory.
- Download the Windows 10 installation file from the Microsoft website.
- With the Media Creation tool, you may create a boot disk or a USB flash drive.
Now, before you install a new system, you must resolve the BIOS conflict:
- Go to the Bios menu after restarting the machine.
- If the CPU parameters were previously scattered, restore them to their original condition.
- The UEFI option is enabled.
That is all there is to it. The tenth edition of Microsoft OS may be installed without encountering the c1900101 40017 issue.
Have you discovered a blunder? Ctrl + Enter will highlight the text.
The “remove system restore checkpoints error 0xc1900101-0x20017” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are multiple ways to fix the issue, but one of the most common fixes is to remove system restore checkpoints.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix C1900101 20017?
A: It sounds like your computer is experiencing a connectivity issue. Check to make sure that youre not running into any firewall conflicts and download and run the recommended updates from Microsoft.
How do I fix an update error?
A: Unfortunately, some issues cant be fixed. If youre experiencing errors with updates for your game or app, please contact the developer of that game or app for further assistance.
How do I fix Windows Update error 0xC1900201?
A: Stop Windows Update, and close it. Then open up Command Prompt by pressing the start key, typing in cmd (without quotes) then press enter to search for an app named command prompt. Searching apps is typically done with CMD /C switch. Once youve found it, type in these commands into that window: net stop wuauserv sc delete DiagTrack sc config DiagTrack start=disabled
- how to fix error 0xc1900101 — 0x20017
- windows 10 update problems
- windows update taking forever