When you try to install an AMD graphics driver, Windows prompts you with a message about the No AMD graphics driver is installed. This article will help you fix this error and update your computer’s drivers..
The “amd drivers” is a common error message that Windows 11 users will see. This error can be fixed by installing the AMD graphics driver from the device manufacturer’s website.
authored by Matthew Adams
Windows & Software Expert
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related themes. His major interest is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
- An obsolete, corrupted, or incompatible AMD GPU driver is often the source of the Windows 11 No AMD graphics driver is installed problem.
- Many customers have reported that installing the newest AMD drivers on their PCs has resolved the AMD problem.
- Reinstalling AMD Software may also assist some users in quickly resolving this problem.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
On Windows 11 PCs with AMD GPUs, the No AMD graphics driver is installed problem occurs. It’s an issue that some people see when they choose AMD Radeon Settings from the context menu. This error message appears instead of AMD Radeon Settings:
There is no AMD graphics driver installed, or the AMD driver is malfunctioning. Install the AMD driver that corresponds to your AMD hardware.
This error message indicates a problem with AMD’s graphics driver. It usually indicates that a PC’s AMD driver is obsolete, incompatible, or corrupted.
This is how you may repair the Windows 11 issue No AMD graphics driver is installed.
How can I resolve the issue “No AMD graphics driver is installed”?
1. Install the Windows 11 update
- To enter Settings, go to the Start menu and select the pinned shortcut for that program.
- To see the update choices, go to Windows Update.
- There, press the Check for Updates option, and then choose to download and install any available updates.
- Click the Download and Install buttons for any optional updates that are available.
2. Install the latest AMD graphics card driver.
- To open the Type here to search tool, press the Windows key and S at the same time.
- Select DirectX Diagnostic Tool after typing dxdiag into the search box.
- Select the Display tab and make a note of the graphics card model and driver version.
- Then, on a browser of your choosing, go to the AMD driver download website.
- Choose Graphics from the drop-down menu.
- On the submenus, choose your graphics card model and click the Submit button.
- On the Drivers and Software page, choose Windows 11 64-bit.
- You may verify the driver package’s version against your GPU’s current driver by clicking Release Notes. To save the driver package, click the Download button.
- To access the File manager, click File Explorer on the taskbar.
- Open the location where the AMD driver package was downloaded.
- Select Run as administrator from the context menu when you right-click the AMD driver package.
- To extract the driver package, click Install.
- Then use the setup wizard to install the AMD driver package.
DriverFix and other driver updater software may also be used to update AMD graphics drivers. In just a few clicks, DriverFix offers a faster and more easy approach to update GPU drivers. It examines your computer, notifies you of which devices need new drivers, and gives you the opportunity to update them.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
3. Install the AMD graphics driver again.
- Try reinstalling the newest AMD graphics card driver if you already have it. Select the Device Manager shortcut by right-clicking the Start menu’s button.
- To see the devices for that category, double-click Display adapters.
- Uninstall your AMD graphics card driver by right-clicking it and selecting Uninstall device.
- Then, on the confirmation window, choose the Delete the driver for this device option.
- To confirm your selections, click Uninstall.
- Click the Power button on the Start menu. After that, choose to restart Windows.
- After the restart, Windows may automatically reinstall the AMD driver. If it doesn’t, use the steps in the previous resolution to manually download and install the newest AMD driver package.
The AMD Cleanup Utility, which may be a better alternative than Device Manager, may completely delete AMD drivers.
4. Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and reinstall it.
- At the same moment, press the Windows + R buttons on your keyboard.
- Enter the following Run command to launch Programs and Features, then click OK: appwiz.cpl
- Select any currently installed Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable bundle and click Uninstall.
- Then, on a browser, go to the Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack website.
- There’s a Download button there, so click it.
- Choose the 64-bit package to download.
- In Explorer, open the folder that contains the downloaded Visual C++ 2005 package.
- To install Visual C++ 2005, double-click the package.
5. Install the AMD software again.
- As mentioned in the first two stages of the previous resolution, open the Windows uninstaller application.
- In the Programs and Features applet, choose AMD Software.
- To uninstall AMD Software, click Uninstall.
- Select the Download Now option on the AMD Software website.
- Using the supplied installer, reinstall the AMD Software.
Third-party program uninstallers like IObit Uninstaller are usually preferable to the Programs and Features applet. IObit Uninstaller’s capabilities for deleting remaining residual files and registry entries from removed program are not available in Windows 11’s default uninstaller.
The No AMD graphics driver is installed problem has a limited number of proven viable remedies. However, for the vast majority of customers, the methods listed above will likely fix the AMD driver problem. The second option, which involves upgrading drivers, has been shown to be very effective in resolving the problem.
Which one did you find to be the most effective? Please let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “amd radeon windows 11 drivers” is a problem that has been present for a while. AMD has released the latest driver to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my PC Saying No AMD graphics driver is installed?
A: If youre running a AMD graphics card, run the update for your graphics driver.
Can I install AMD drivers on Windows 11?
A: No. There is no reason to install AMD drivers on Windows 11, because it already comes with the best performance that a PC can offer.
How do I update my AMD Graphics Driver Windows 11?
A: If you are using Windows 10, please update your AMD graphics driver with this guide.
- no amd graphics driver is installed but i have nvidia
- no amd graphics driver is installed windows 11
- amd radeon
- amd radeon software
- no amd graphics driver is installed or the amd driver is not functioning properly windows 11